How to make 360 degree collage
Meanwhile, I decided my deadline will be showing my design around in VRLA, and the game I am building is not even close to finished. I decided to push my animation skills in VR instead for VRLA.
First I saw an article on bored panda which is inspired me to think— when there are so many 3D models and 3D rendering, maybe drawing an animation by hand can be a new angle to tackle the style for VR. I did my research to see is there a way to draw in 360 for VR, and realized there is a great 360 panorama artist community on Facebook.
I decided to give it a try. And here is my first 360-degree image. (Isn’t animation is a series of images? Without knowing how to draw a frame I can not start my animation)
or view it live here:
Let me break down what I did.
1. Google images
I found these photos online. Make sure they are some sort of sphere-shaped.
2. Create a 5660 x 5660 image inside photoshop. (half of the width of your VR grid)
3. draw a circle start with the center of the square and expand from the dot.
4. use the photoshop filter > distort > polar coordinates > rectangular to polar
5. Scale 50% of the height, width remain as original.
6. The 360 grid can be found inside the 360 panorama artist community on Facebook under the file tab.
7. put the distorted images onto the grid and stretch them to fit the width.
9. download LG 360 CAM viewer and check the image in 360!